Mat d. and the Profane Saints: Links
- Mat d. and the Profane Saints of Facebook
- Our home on Facebook. Join our fanlist for frequent updates and new music!
- Mat d. on Myspace
- The acoustic side of Mat d., showcased on his page at Myspace.com
- Mat d. and the Profane Saints on Myspace
- The Profane Saints' page at Myspace.com
- Mat D on No Depression
- Mat D's page on No Depression.com
- Mat D on Air Play Direct
Air Play Direct delivers free radio quality singles to DJs and Radio.
One of the best regional music acts we've heard in years- Showbaby is a progressive pop-rock trio with a killer sound! Check em out!
- Kelly Richey
Kelly Richey is one of the nations hardest working musicians in blues music today and one of the best guitarists of the genre! Check this lady's music out! You won't be disapointed!
- Jim Pipkin
Our friend in Arizona...Jim creates fantastic music that's "Sour Mash for the Soul" A wonderful musician with a great rootsy, Americana sound. His independent release "Rebel Souvenirs" features guest performances by Joe Bettencourt and Barry McGuire!
- The Lost Dogs
- The Lost Dogs have been a huge influence on Mat's music and songwriting since he was just a pup himself...they fuse gospel, blues, rock, folk and country into pure indie gold. You have to hear this band!
- The Yard Dogs Roadshow
- Inspiring. Crazy. The way life should be. CHECK IT OUT NOW! The Yard Dogs Road Show is cabaret, vaudeville and rock and roll. In the enchanting land of stage show entertainment ours is both pleasant and formidable terrain. We require a sensitivity to the subtle and the absurd. We lead the modern hobohemian on a visual and sonic journey through part of history that may or may not have existed – followed by an ambitious return to the emotional challenges of our punch-drunk contemporary world. It’s a true story on stage: sword swallowers, dancing dolls, fire eaters and sunset hobo poetry - all animated by the live sounds of the Yard Dogs cartoon heavy band. Yard Dogs Road Show is pure visual and sonic voodoo. Born from the saloon vaudeville that toured the Wild West in the late 1800's and slammed into the underworld of modern American road culture, Yard Dogs Road Show create a timeless and surreal union of ancient theatrical alchemy and modern pop culture.
Reviews, news and updates...a comprehensive site out of California that covers Americana and Roots Music. Highly recommended. A trusted source for who's who and what's up and coming.
- NoDepression - Americana and Roots Music
The Authority on all things Americana. A ground breaking publication started in 1995 is now a thriving internet community. Visit, join and interact! Highly recommended!!!
- Nine Bullets
- A very cool and comprehensive site about music, drinking and some very interesting blogs and bands you've probably never heard of...can't get enough of this site...good stuff.
- Americana Roots.com
- Reviews, Forum, Podcasts udated frequently- All things Americana and everything in between. Probably one of the most comprehensive and informative Americana websites out there.
- Americana Music, Forums, Links and Information including Reviews, News and New Releases
- Folk Alley
- A cool, friendly site with a focus on folk, blues and American Roots Music...includes new releases and underground artists.
- Americana Music Association
- The Profane Saints are now proud members of the Americana Music Association
- BluesBunny Independent Music Reviews
- Independent Music Reviews from Glasgow UK. Multiple genres and great perspectives on independnet artists and their music. A great guide to what's up and coming worldwide. Highly recommended.
- The Glass is Too Big
- An old friend of mine's blog site. Covers music, politics, philosophy and just about anything else J feels like writing about. Very cool, always gives one food for thought. Check it out.
- Sioux City's Weekender
- Entertainment, Arts, Culture and Events in Siouxland...courtesy of siouxland.net!
Visit and Support our Friends!
- Old Skoolz - Sioux Falls
Old Skoolz is a Winehouse and music venue in Sioux Falls, South Dakota...it's also Mat's favorite venue in the world! Visit Lance and crew in downtown Sioux Falls on the city's eastside for great original music from midwestern and international touring artists and performers.
- The Sioux Empire Rock-A-Bettys!
Support your local Pin-Up! The Sioux Empire Rock-A-Bettys are a great bunch of gals that promote/fund Women's education, health and interests.
- The South Dakota Friends of Traditional Music
- The website of the annual Sioux River Folk Festival. 30 years strong!
- Folk Rising LLC
- an organization based in South Dakota dedicated to marketing and helping new folk artists and their music.
- CD Baby.com
- The best independent music on the web...Shop for Mat d. and the Profane Saints and many other great underground and independent artists' music here.
- Motel Americana
- One of Mat's favorite Sites...all based on Low-Budget, Retro and Dive Motels...Helped inspire the song "The Full Gospel Motel" There's even a couple of Sioux City Motels included.
- Daddy Mojo Cigar Box Guitars
- The coolest little guitars I've ever seen! BUY ONE NOW!!!
- Sioux City Journal
Sioux City's Newspaper and home of the "Weekender" weekly entertainment magazine
- The Chesterfield
- Sioux City's own home of Live Music. National and Local acts featured weekly.
- The House of Q - Sioux City
Best BBQ in Siouxland! We proudly endorse our friends at the House of Q!
- Sioux Guitars
Custom Pedals, Pomade and Old School Punk Rock Style from Sioux City